5.09.2009

RY'S BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!

My little guy turned 7 on the 7th. We were suppose to have his family party on Sunday, but Kam and I came down with the flu. Not the SWINE flu, people, just the stomach flu....YUCK!!! So, we rescheduled and had his party on Tuesday. He wanted a "motocross" cake and that is just what he got! Well, I tried, at least!

While we sang Happy Birthday to him, he made his stomach sing Happy Birthday along with us....don't ask. I have NO idea where that came from.

And then it looks like his shirt came off:

He opened presents:


And got some good stuff.

Including an awesome Nerf Gun that shoots out 3 bullets per second (SOOO fun), roller blades, a scooter and some cash!! Thanks to everyone who came!

Thursday was his REAL birthday. I woke him up with breakfast in bed (waffles, peaches, juice and a candle on top). He LOVED it. He even got to eat breakfast in the living room while watching cartoons.


My cute BIRTHDAY BOY!!

Kam and I took Wolverine cupcakes to his class and then after school we went to Toys R Us and Ry was told he could pick out whatever he wanted. He chose: a didj (handheld gaming device) with an Indiana Jones game to go with it.

On the way home we passed some goats and with his best "mom, it's my birthday can we please stop" voice. We stopped and the owners were out, so they let the kids in the cage to chase the coats and hold the 2 week old baby goats. Highlight of his (and Kam's) day!!!

Then, it was off to fishing lessons with Grandpa Brent, Grandma Becky, Grandpa Larry & Grandma Glenda. Even though it was his birthday, he still didn't catch any fish... :(

After fishing lessons was his birthday dinner that he was SO excited about. He got to choose the menu and it was:

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie with Cool Whip

Then Friday was his FRIEND party. We invited 19 1st graders and 15 showed up. I am crazy, I know this.

We opened presents:

played games and had a BANANA SPLIT BAR. (Ry chose this instead of cake & ice cream). The bar had:

Bananas
Chocolate Ice Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
Strawberry Syrup
Chocolate Syrup
Caramel
Sprinkles
Cool Whip
Cherries

The kids LOVED it!! All in all it was a great birthday week for Ry. Now, I am exhausted. And he has a sugar high.

Happy Birthday Buddy....I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

1 comment:

tanni said...

Wow! Your an amazing mom!!! I bet this was the best bday for him ever!