11.11.2008

You have something on your face and a little P.S. ....


Kam came running out of the kitchen the other day (so proud...I might add) to tell me about how she drew her name on her face....in WHITE OUT! She kept saying "Look mom, do you see the big K right there?" Well, I tried to get it off and guess what...White Out doesn't come off with soap and water. I thought about putting finger nail polish remover on it...but I thought that was a little harsh and just figured it would come off. Well, the next night she comes down with a case of croup and we have to take her to the doctors office at 10 pm. She's fighting a fever, a terrible cough and the last thing on my mind is the white stuff on her face. So as Brandon is getting her out of the truck at the doctor's office he is so EMBARRESSED by the white stuff all over her face that he wants me to carry her. I made him carry her, but luckily there was no one in the waiting room. Poor girl has a broken finger and white stuff all over her face...I can only imagine what people thought. Turns out everyone in the doctor's office thinks it is hilarious and cute! The nurse calls to have the other nurse come look at it and then the doctor thought it was funny too!

So, the next day we up to my parents and I think my dad thought I was a bad mom, because he went and got on the computer to google "how to take white out off your face". Keep in mind it's been on her face for a couple of days now. He told me that acetone (a.k.a. finger nail polish remover), WD-40, sandpaper....

That night I tried the finger nail polish remover since she was in the tub and I could wash her face off really fast and guess what? I scrubbed and scrubbed with the polish remover and it WOULD NOT take it off. So B went and found me some WD-40...came right off. Interesting, eh? So the moral to THIS story is: 1) WD-40 will take white out right off your toddler's face AND 2) put the white out where you kids can't draw their name on their face because it's a pain in the a$$ to remove...

P.S. That picture doesn't do her "name" on her face justice, her hands are covering up a lot of the white out! :)

7 comments:

Tiana said...

thats so cute!I hope you all get feeling better soon!LUnch next week works great for me you just let me know since your the one who's always ditchin' me!!ha ha just kidding just call me

Heather C. said...

IT'S A GOOD THING IS SO CUTE!

This is Us! said...

Wow, your kids are so special! Love that you just left it on her face.

*Welcome To Crazy* said...

I love it!!!

The Duncan Family said...

She is so cute.

Kris said...

Kam is hilarious!! My kids do stuff like that all the time. Parker writes Hannah on Hannys face, arms, legs, etc. She thinks it is funny. It is kind of funny when it is pen, but not black marker. Oh and I love the pic you posted of the kids in the tub, Kam is so little. She is a doll!

TiffanyHarrison said...

That is so funny! I hope she is feeling better so she can come back to class tomorrow! Good Luck:^)