3.14.2008

HELP.....PLEASE!

So, as many of you know Brandon and I are flying to the Bahamas at the end of this month. I know it sounds nice and great, however, there is one HUGE problem. I HATE to fly! I have severe anxiety about flying, especially for 6 hours. The flight there won't be too bad, considering I only have to take care of myself. But, on the flight home I will have 2 kids with me that I will need to attend to and entertain. It's a possibility that I will pretend like I do not know who they are and just let them run wild. And let them peek over the seats and entertain themselves while annoying the other passengers. And argue amongst themselves like they usually do. And probably cry. In the meantime, I will be sitting in the window seat (it's the only place I can sit), trying to find something to focus on, while I do my anxiety-relieving breathing techniques (yes, I really do them), with sweaty palms and HORRIBLE thoughts going through my head. I eyeball every passenger looking for anything suspicious. I know this sounds CRAZY but I am EXTREMELY nervous to fly. So, if any of you have any suggestions, ANY at all, please send them my way. Especially flying with kids. How can I entertain them for 4 hours?!?!?!

4 comments:

The Duncan Family said...

Tiffany,
I think it was Courtney who had some tricks she used. She had to fly alot alone with Dex and Avery. she created surprise goody bags for the plane. She would go to like the dollar store and get prizes. They would get a bag every so often. I think it seemed to work.

Tiffany said...

That's a great idea! Thanks. I am going to do that for sure!

*Welcome To Crazy* said...

I'm sorry you hate to fly....but we can't wait to come play with your kids!!

Kris said...

A portable DVD player works good, I don't know for sure how long the battery will last, but my kids love that on the plane. Also their leap pads, magnet games, coloring books, LOTS of snacks, once I even let them play with playdough because I was desperate. Look and find books are good too. For you Tiffany, the kids will keep you distracted and busy you won't even have to think about being scared of flying. :)