4.13.2008

Disney World

We left the Bahamas and headed for Orlando. That same day, Becky (B's mom) flew out of Salt Lake with the kids and met us in Orlando. (Thanks so much Becky!!!) Disney World was a lot of fun. I was worried we weren't going to have enough time there (5 days), but we managed the time pretty well. We didn't make it to the water parks on the Disney World property, which we all really wanted to do. But, we did finish all 4 of the theme parks! SO MUCH FUN!!! The weather was rainy for the most part. One day it rained ALL day and not just a little rain, I'm talking puddles up to Ryder's knees. But, we bought some ponchos and stayed at the parks. It worked out well, since most everyone else left there were no lines at any of the rides. However, the last 2 days were nothing but sunshine!! I thought Becky was sugar coating the fact that the kids were good on the airplane. But, I sat with them through half the flight home and I'm not kidding...I was speechless and in shock when I got off the plane. My kids did not cry, whine, fuss or even make a peep for that matter. They napped, watched movies, read books (Kam & Ryder are in love with the SKYMALL catalog...they each brought one home) and were SO good for every single minute of the 5 hour flight! I was so proud of them for being so good...and making it a little easier on me!! And did I mention they were even good in Disney World? This is not normal for my children. We kept them up until 2AM, woke up around 8 or 9 in the morning and they were NEVER grumpy!!!!

We had breakfast with Snow White, Cinderella, Mickey Mouse & Pluto. Kambree ADORED Cinderella. There were only a handful of kids at this breakfast, so the kids got a lot of time with the characters. I bet Kambree talked to Cinderella for over 20 minutes. They talked about her gloves, and how pretty she was and how much Kambree loved her. And then Kambree would leave for a few minutes and then rush back for more hugs and princess talk. It was so cute!! Ryder also liked the fact that Cinderella referred to him as her "Prince Charming"!
DINO LAND!!!!! Of course, Ryder's favorite!!

In the picture above we were at a field station trying to figure out what bones belonged to which Dinosaur. Ryder taught the lady running the place a thing or two about dinosaurs. She only knew the dinosaurs she had to know for the station and Ryder kept asking her questions about the ones she didn't know about. It was funny!!!

Who's that? Well, that is Pirate Ryder:
And Princess Kitty Kambree:
Then it rained and the paint ran off of Ryder's face onto his shirt and ruined it...:( Kambree was free of the rain in her poncho covered stroller!

And then Brandon broke the camera on one of the rides (it was in his pocket, smashed against the lap bar...) so there are no more pictures!!!!

Glad to be home!

2 comments:

The Duncan Family said...

Tiffany,
I am going to be tutoring this summer. Give me a call if you want to set something up.

Kris said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun in the bahamas and at Disney World. The kids looks so cute with their faces painted. I am glad you all had a great time!