8.11.2008

BYE BYE KITTY

We got rid of the kitty. It was SO sad to tell Ryder. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Ry, we have to get rid of the kitty because Max wants to eat him."

Ry: "I want the kitty". (BAWLING!)

Me: "Tell ya what, when Max dies we can get a new kitty."

Ry: "Then let's kill Max." (STILL BAWLING)

Me: "He's going to go to a good home."

Ry: "But we have a good home." (BAWLING HYSTERICALLY)

It was so sad and some of his responses were hilarious. But then,I started to cry because Ryder was having a serious meltdown and I felt bad. I finally convinced him to go chill with the cat and spend some time with him before he left. He went up into his bed and Ry & the cat took a 2 hour nap cuddled up next to each other. It was so cute! After they came and got the cat, you would have NEVER know little "Rexy" even existed. He had such a meltdown and then totally forgot about it!





1 comment:

Kris said...

Those pics of Ryder and the kitty are so cute. I love how fast kids get attached to animals and it is so funny how fast their emotions can change. I am glad you found a home for it. Hannah wanted it so bad when I was telling her about it.