1.12.2009

DELICIOUS!!

So, I had some kalamata olives in my pantry (don't know why I bought them) but I decided that I needed to find a recipe to use them in. Google came up with this little diddy and they were delish....

FETA CHEESE TURKEY BURGERS (4 servings)
  • 1 pound ground turkey (I use the 99% lean turkey...the other turkey just isn't as good)
  • 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (I bought the basil & tomato feta)
  • 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced (These are easy to find...I think I bought these at Macey's)
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat the grill for medium high heat. (I wasn't going outside in the cold...so I did these on my stove)
  2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, feta cheese, olives, oregano, and pepper. Mix together, and form into patties.
  3. Lightly oil the grate. Place patties on the grill. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through.
Recipe says to either put them on a whole wheat bun OR stuff them inside a pita.

I chose the whole wheat bun with a little mayo, torn romaine lettuce, sliced onion & avocados and I was in HEAVEN!!!

1 comment:

tanni said...

Mmmm.....that does sound yummy! I'll have to give that a try!