9.30.2008

PINK

Well, most everyone knows this...but I have lived in my house for 6 years and all of my walls are white still (yuck...I know.) Except for Ryder's room which BRANDON painted a few years ago to his tasting (motorcycles). My next door neighbor runs a painting company and with a little (or a lot) of encouragement from her I finally decided to paint. It's not the money, the work OR the time I was worried about. But, the fact that I CANNOT make a decision on color to save my life. The plan was to start with the living room. But, do you know how many colors there are to choose from. I probably looked at 10 of those BIG color sample books and it was just WAY to overwhelming. I would finally pick out a color and then tell them to take all their swatches back and not to let me look at them again because that was THE color I wanted. Then, the next day I would be knocking on their door saying "you know, I was thinking about the color I picked last night and I'm not sure it's the right one anymore. Can I look at the swatches again?" So, I finally decided to paint Kam's room because at least she knew what color she wanted...PINK. But, do you know how many PINK'S there are? What a task. Her room is not finished yet. I have a few projects for things I want to hang on her walls, I need to buy a couple of things and I am still going to do a little somethin'-somethin' on her walls. In one of the Pottery Barn catalogs they have a room that is pink and then in dark pink and while they have stenciled (I think) some really cute flowers on the walls. I have searched high and low for these stencils and can't find them. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll post some more pics of her room in progress when I get them done! :)

P.S. Did I mention how much Kam loves her pink walls. She spent the night at my MIL's while we were painting and I called her the next morning to tell her that her walls were painted and they were now pink. She threw the phone down and told Grandma Becky "Oh my gosh (in a valley girl tone) take me home...my room is pink."

7 comments:

Kris said...

Hannah was sitting on my lap when I clicked on your blog, she saw Kams Pink room and said, "Oh, I like that." It looks darling.

Johnson Family said...

I like her room it is way pink.... It will be cute when you get it all finished.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud that you finally took the plunge and painted...it looks way cute!!!

This is Us! said...

Lovin the pink! It looks great!

grandmabring17@gmail.comn said...

Tiffany,
This is aunt Diane. I just wanted to thank you for sending mea email about my Mom. It has been so hard but I know that she is out of pain and able to do the thing that she loved to do.
I love your little girls room. If you want someone to paint something from pottry barn just email Mindy, she has don't some neat stuff and she did something like what you want on the walls in
Sydney room. Tell your Mom and Dad hello for us and we will see you in December when we get home.
Love Aunt Diane

nicky said...

I love it Tiffany! Have you checked to see if you can find a wall decal of the flowers? PBKids is using a lot of wall decals now. I like this site for decals www.whatisblik.com and www.spakability.net has more designs that would look good in a kid/baby room. I have some Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids Friends and Family discount cards...let me know if you want some.

craziern said...

Check out Stampin' Up's new decorating line. www.stampinup.com